2017 Australian Crime and Violence Prevention Awards – Gold award in the community-led category recognising best practice in the prevention or reduction of violence
2016 Armidale Business Chamber Awards – Community Service of the Year
2015 Regional Development Australian Innovation Awards – Research and Education
- 2015 NSW Youth Service of the Year
- 2015 Regional Development Australian Innovation Awards. Winner: “Research and Education”
- Churchill Fellowship Award (Sponsored by Vincent Fairfax Family Foundation) – presented to Bernie Shakeshaft, 2014
- Armidale Dumaresq Business Chamber Awards – Outstanding Contribution to Community Services Award (Sponsored by REX Airlines) awarded to BackTrack, 2014
- Northern Inland Innovation Awards – Research and Education awarded to BackTrack, 2013
- NAPCAN – National Association for Prevention of Child Abuse and Neglect – Innovative Community Program for Safety and Wellbeing of Young People awarded to BackTrack, 2013
- Paul Harris Fellowship bestowed on Bernie Shakeshaft by Dubbo South Rotary Club, 2012
- Australian College of Educators HTB Harris Award, for Innovative Educational Initiative October 2012
- Nanga Mai NSW Excellence Award in Aboriginal Education in March 2012 for the Armidale High School/ BackTrack partnership model.
- Citizen of the Year at the 2012 Australia Day award ceremony in Armidale presented to Bernie Shakeshaft.
- Youth Attainment and Transitions National Partnership Initiative, 2011 and 2012 – in recognition of the Armidale High School and BackTrack partnership educational outcomes.
- Armidale Chamber of Commerce Business Awards – Community Organisation, 2012
- Armidale Dumaresq Council Youth Awards recognising 2 Trainees, 3 School Based Trainees and 5 Youth Worker Trainees for their individual and collective achievements.
- Education Week Award for Outstanding Contribution by an Individual awarded to Bernie Shakeshaft
- Premier of New South Wales Community Service Award to BackTrack AgLads for Outstanding Contribution to the Community 2011. This award was given in recognition of the volunteer efforts at Mingoola and Bonshaw after the floods.
- Premier of New South Wales Community Service Award 2010